Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Miscellanious DJ Strobe Remixes Volume 2


Right-click files and choose "save as..."

Here's a few of my downtempo chillout/lounge tracks I've done over the years.

Norah Jones - NYC [Strobe Brooklyn Vibe Mix feat Split-Vizionz]
Added my boy Split-Vizionz in the mix mostly becasue he didn't believe I would.





Norah Jones - Strange Transmission [DJ Strobe Bossatronica Mix]
Turned this into a Bossanova feeling chillout vibe. Really proud of the background "Bah" vocals which are actually a few sample library patches I pieced together to make a nice performance.






Norah Jones - Things You Dont Have To Do [DJ Strobe Ibiza Sunrise Mix]

Just a nice track to put on in the summer no matter what you're doing. All the guitars are keyboards played by me, the solo isn't half bad if I do say so myself.





DJ Krush feat Esthero - Final Home [DJ Strobe Lounge Mix]
Still like to listen to this mix. Love that Esthero was the vocalist. I met DJ Krush at a party where we got to perform with Kodo, the Japanese Tiako drummers celebrating the remixes we did for them.

Had to turn in this mix to Sony, which was not the final mix because the drive I had my samples on died and after having a nervous breakdown couldn't even remember where half the sounds originated from since they were collected over the years, but the label loved it so int he end it was OK.






Eliane Elias - Around The City [DJ Strobe Chill Mix]
Eliane is an amazing Brazilian singer songwriter. I used the same "Bah" patch in this mix as well. Still want to make an original track with that.





Eliane Elias - Running [DJ Strobe Full Mix]
Used for a boatload of TV shows and chill comps. Listening to it again now after a year or so it's still got a nice soundtrack vibe to it.





Daves True Story - Everlasting No [DJ Strobe Welcome to the Afterlife Edit]
A jazz combo from NYC. It was fun to do this becasue I had just gotten Traktor and Final Scratch and was able to scratch parts of the track I didn't have on vinyl.






Right-click files and choose "save as..."

Eliane Elias - Running [Noumenon House Mix]
A mix done by myself and DJ 7up that they never ended up using becasue the A & R said it wasn't really club friendly or "house" enough. I understand though, when you're a New York A & R guy you get sucked into the whole tribal NYC sound (which this wasn't and wasn't meant to be) anything else becomes foreign. If this had been Om Records....





Judge Jules - So Special [DJ Strobe Club Remix]
Just a funky house/club remix of a track that was originally very different. (Check it out here: ORIGINAL)





No comments:

Post a Comment