Friday, October 30, 2009

Owl City - Fireflies [DJ Strobe Remix]



Been loving the original for a bit now so it was great when I got the call to remix it. The original was at 90 BPM so I used Abelton Live to stretch the vocals to 120 and then imported them into Cubase to get my groove on.


The original was a very chill electronica vibe so after about 9 sketches I realized that it wasn't gonna be funky or electro house and most importantly needed to leave room for the vocals which could get lost real quick. In the end this is what I went with and I am pretty happy how it turned out, and the label was as well. Should be out next month. I was waiting until I got the video to post this... enjoy and go catch some fireflies.


Right-click files and choose "save as..."
Owl City - Fireflies [DJ Strobe Remix Extended]
Owl City - Fireflies [DJ Strobe Remix Edit]



Production notes // The plug-ins I used for this mix were: reFX Nexus & Vanguard, GForce Minimonsta, Lennar Digital Sylenth1, and Native Instruments Massive. The bass sounds were side-chained with OtiumFX Compadre Beatpuncher. The drums and FX were various samples and Spectrasonics Stylus RMX.

7 comments: