Friday, October 30, 2009

Three 6 Mafia - Shake My [DJ Strobe Remix]



I didn't stray too far from the original and just wanted to kick it up a notch for the clubs and that's really what the label wanted. That's the problem with some of the more uptempo hip hop tracks, they put a 4/4 kick but fail to kick the beats up into something usable outside mainstream clubs.

Right-click files and choose "save as..."
Three 6 Mafia - Shake My [DJ Strobe Remix]
Three 6 Mafia - Shake My [DJ Strobe Edit]


Production notes // The main melody synth was the Lennar Digital Sylenth1. The bass was a combination of Native Instruments Massive, my Access Virus Ti, and a pizzicato cello from reFX Nexus. The 8th note side-chained bass is GForce Minimonsta. The arpeggio is Rob Papen's Albino. The stringy synth lead is my Roland Juno 106 layered with the Native Instruments Pro53 VSTi.

No comments:

Post a Comment